Foreclosure Services

Don’t lose your home to foreclosure! 

H.O.M.E. DuPage, Inc.’s free counseling helps DuPage County homeowners who are struggling in today’s tough economy to develop realistic solutions to prevent foreclosure.

While H.O.M.E. DuPage, Inc. does not provide financial assistance, our counselors can help you

  • Assess your financial situation and provide realistic solutions and objective guidance.
  • Contact your lender/servicer to explore the possibility of a mortgage modification or other workout option.
  • Find community services that can help you with food, energy assistance, and other needs.
  • Develop a realistic budget to move you and your family through the financial difficulties.
Before meeting with a Housing Counselor, you must attend a free Preserving Homeownership Orientation Session, where our staff will go over the forms you will need to complete and the information you will need to provide in order to have a productive counseling session. We also will explain how you can get organized to work directly with your mortgage lender/servicer, and review the typical foreclosure prevention options currently available.


To get started, call (630) 260-2512 to register for a Preserving Homeownership Orientation Session, or register online.


If you live outside of DuPage County, you can find an HUD-certified housing counseling agency in your area at


IHDA has re-opened the Illinois Hardest Hit Program. Homeowners who have experienced a 15% reduction in income due to a hardship may be eligible for up to $35,000 in reinstatement and/or ongoing monthly mortgage assistance through the Illinois Hardest Hit Fund®. More information about applying for Hardest Hit Fund is available at



IHDA Reverse Mortgage Assistance Program  Illinois Homeowners with an FHA Reverse Mortgage may qualify for up to $35,000 in federal assistance.



Unfortunately, scam artists are preying on homeowners in crisis. Beware of any individual or organization that wants to charge you a fee to negotiate a refinancing or modification.   You should work directly with your current lender/servicer.  If you need help or advice, consult an HUD-certified housing counseling agency like H.O.M.E. DuPage, Inc.  Our services are free.


The Federal Trade Commission has important tips to help consumers recognize and avoid foreclosure scams on their website at


If you have paid a fee to a third party and believe you have been the victim of a scam, the Illinois Attorney General’s office may be able to help. You can get more information on their services at